I have been working with ARE for several weeks on their social media offerings and today completed a major milestone. They now have a new website that is built on WordPress! The previous site required a web developer maintain the site for any edits that needed to be completed. Because this new site was developed using WordPress, it will allow them to maintain/edit their own content, publish blog articles, achieve better search rankings (SEO), and they now have an updated fresh look. Oh, and the BEST part of it all, it saves them $$$ money. They don’t have to pay someone to make changes to their upcoming events, add a staff member, or any other edit that is required in the future. Using WordPress is pretty straight forward and is almost as easy as using any word processing program such as MS Word.
Here are a few highlights of the new site features:
- New graphical design
- Additional content to better share with the readers how the organization can help the community.
- Ability for site visitors to interact with the posted news content through comments.
- Automated user management to the email users list.
- Events calendar
- Updated contact us information including a link to Google maps for directions.
- Staff information that includes a picture and brief bio of each member.
- Link to their new Facebook page.
- Featured partners and donors section.
- Sidebar links on each page for easier navigation and quick reference for important information.
Please take a moment to visit their new website http://www.aidsresponseeffort.org and leave a comment below on what you think of the new design! Thanks!